You have questions about your research data? Contact us!
WG Research Data Management
Tel.: +49 (0)234 32-24800
- Dr. Ute Dederek-Breuer (project management, IT.SERVICES)
- Dr. Alexander Esser (IT.SERVICES)
- Dr. Johannes Frenzel (IT.SERVICES)
- Veronika Josenhans (University Library)
- Thomas Schneider (IT.SERVICES)
- Jürgen Windeck (University Library)
Project for the development of research data management services
The Rectorate of Ruhr University Bochum launched a project for research data management (RDM) in April 2017. The goal is to establish a centrally coordinated and sustainable RDM at the university. The working group “AG FDM” of IT.SERVICES and University Library started work in May 2017.
Creating a research data infrastructure
The working group evaluates various tools and storage infrastructure to support RDM according to the needs of the researchers and tests them within representative research projects and, if necessary, with external cooperation partners. The AG plans to transfer the software solutions in the suitability and possibly after consultation with cooperation partners in the production.
These are tools for
- the creation of data management plans (Research Data Management Organiser - RDMO)
- the storage of data
- the provision and publication of research data: repository
- project management (collaboration and versioning of software projects)
- surveys (online and questionnaires)
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Ostendorf (Vice Rector for Research, Knowledge Transfer, and Early Career Professionals)
- Dr. Erdmute Lapp (University Library Director)
- Martina Rothacker (Director IT.SERVICES)