Senior/Junior Fellowship Neurophilosophy
The Chair of Philosophy of Language and Cognition at the Ruhr University Bochum invites applications for a
Senior or junior fellowship in neurophilosophy (one to six months)
Applicants must hold a doctoral degree and must have an outstanding publication record in one or more areas of theoretical philosophy (philosophy of language & mind, epistemology, logic) and their research attitude should demonstrate a strong connection to the cognitive and neurosciences. Applicants for the senior fellowship are expected to work at least on the level of an associate or advanced assistant professor. The successful applicant will be given the opportunity to take part in designing a cooperative EEG study on a research question of relevance to some area in theoretical philosophy. Applications are due February 15th, 2014. Please send your application as well as requests for further information to Prof. Dr. Markus Werning (email@example.com).
The fellow will be invited to deliver a fellow lecture and will participate in an interdisciplinary research program.
The fellow will be affiliated with
- The Chair of Philosophy of Language and Cognition
- The Mercator Research Group "Structure of Memory"
- The Center for Mind, Brain, and Cognitive Evolution
Applications should include:
- A (brief) letter of application including personal information academic background, and research interests (please indicate the number and the title of the fellowship you are applying for).
- A brief proposal for a research project (1 page) if the fellowship is planned for at least two months.
- CV including a list of publications, talks, and and teaching experience.
- One representative article as PDF document.
- Only for applicants for a junior fellowship: one letter of recommendation addressing the applicants’ qualification for a research project. This should be send from the referees directly or through a letter service.
All documents oshould be sent electronically. We regret that we will not be able to return any submitted material or send out negative notifications.