Spring School and Workshop on
Geometry Combinatorics Probability
March 11 to 15, 2019
Ruhr University Bochum
Warning - Scam Alert
Some participants and invited speakers have been contacted by a "company" calling itself Business Travel Management (BTM) and pretending to organize the accomodation in name of the organizers. There is not such thing and we would not ask your credit card information. This is unfurtunatelly a very elaborated scam and, as a short google search shows, many other conferences have been affected.
Spring School and Workshop on Polytopes
Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Spring School &
The Spring School is designed for advanced bachelor, master and PhD students. The aim is to prepare the participants in such a way that they can follow the lectures of the subsequent workshop. It consists of three crash courses:
- Geometry of Polytopes, (2x2h),
Tim Römer (University of Osnabrück),
- Random Polytopes, (2h),
Pierre Calka (University of Rouen),
- Face Enumeration, (2h),
Hailun Zheng (University of Michigan).
The Workshop's topics include (but are not limited to)
- face enumeration,
- the study of special classes of polytopes, such as simplicial, balanced, centrally symmetric and flag polytopes,
- high-dimensional aspects and threshold phenomena,
- asymptotic and approximation properties.
The variety of topics is reflected by the list of invited speakers:
- Imre Bárány (Hungarian Academy of Sciences),
- Martin Henk (Technical University of Berlin),
- Eran Nevo (Hebrew University of Jerusalem),
- Isabella Novik (University of Washington),
- Matthias Reitzner (University of Osnabrück),
- Elisabeth Werner (Case Western Reserve University).
The principal goal is to bring together researchers having a probabilistic or a non-probabilistic angle on these topics, to exchange ideas and to stimulate new collaborations. Additionaly to invited speakers' talks there will be a limited number of 30 minutes contributed talks. The latter are selected among the registered participants by the organisers.
- Registration for contributed talk untill ,
Notification of contributed speakers: ,
- Registration closed since .
There is no registration fee. For the participants who want to attend the conference dinner on