General Scholarship Information

The Faculty of East Asian Studies provides general information about different scholarships and institutions For more information please visit their website.

Promos: Studying Abroad

Students may apply for PROMOS when studying abroad for one semester (3 to 6 months) at a partner university of RUB via an exchange program of either the International Office or the faculties/institutes (apart from those universities participating in the Erasmus Program as well as Swiss universities providing funding within the Swiss-European Mobility Program). Eligible for funding are those projects lasting three to six months. Students can find some information on the program here.
For detail enquiries about this scholarship, you can contact Ms. Anika Odenbach:

Fudan University General Information

Fudan provides a challenging academic environment for the better development of its students, where they can experience and contribute to the rich campus culture. You can learn more about the different aspects of student life at Fudan by clicking on the links below.

The International Students Office offers several useful guides for your preparation to studying at Fudan.
Orientation: (click for further information)
Fudan University Guidebook for Incoming International Students
Admission Step-by-Step
Schools and Departments Overview
Programs Taught in English
Orientation Handbook for Exchange Students
Visa Q&A


The Handan campus is the main campus of the Fudan. Please be aware that the campus housing may not be available to all applicants since there are always outnumbering dormitory applicants than the number of rooms available.
If you want to live in the Foreign Students dormitory at Handan Campus, you will need to book a room online. The Booking Time will be announced at
For on-campus accommodation information at Handan Campus, please visit the website of Housing Department, International Students Office:
For exchange students without free accommodation under a bilateral agreement, please go after Handbook for Registration about the Accommodation E-booking procedure. Please kindly notice there may be more demands than available rooms and therefore apply on time for your accommodations at Foreign Students Building.

Off Campus Accommodation

Since there is more demands than available rooms on campus and, therefore, obtain accommodation at Foreign Students Building could be challenging, here some tips for you to prepare yourself.
Fudan website suggests the following options:

- Tonghe International Student village (Wuong Road Lane 28, off campus, across the road to Foreign Students dormitory). Price: A room in a 3-room apartment is 70/80/90 RMB / day. The telephone number is + 86-21-65105187. They need 2,000 RMB deposit.
- Hanting Hotels and Inns (Songhuajiang Road 2628, off campus, close to undergraduate living area). Price: around 140-180 RMB / day for king-size or double-bed room. The telephone number is + 86-21-61434888.

Other options to look for accommodation (click for further information):
- Nestpick
- Smart Shanghai
- Erasmusu
- WellCee app
- Homestay

Off Campus Accommodation Registration (VERY IMPORTANT)

Shanghai adopts accommodation registration management for foreign students who live off-campus. Within 10 days after your entry, within 24 hours after moving into the apartment, you will need to go to the local police station to go through the temporary accommodation registration procedures.
1) Sign a contract with the landlord and ask him to apply for a Security License for his apartment.
2) Go to International Students Office and ask for the Off-Campus Accommodation Registration Form for Foreign Students of Fudan University. International Students Office will sign and stamp the form and give the second page back to the student.
3) Go to the local police station to apply for a Temporary Accommodation Registration Form (the yellow page) with your passport, copy of passport, one passport-sized photo, contract, Security License for the apartment (provided by the landlord) and Off-Campus Accommodation Registration Form for Foreign Students of Fudan University.
You will need to submit a Temporary Accommodation Registration Form when you apply for a residence permit. Students with F visa should also keep the form well in case of any check.

Notice: During your study here, if you change your address, you will need to go through the same procedures again.