Application RUB-China-Scholarship Council (CSC-Programme)
The International Graduate School of Neuroscience accepts applications via its online portal (see link below).
Before starting your application online we strongly recommend that you prepare the following details. You may then just copy and paste most of the information into the online form.
- Personal information (name, date of birth, [e-mail-]address, etc)
- Academic history (subjects, degrees, universities, scholarships, awards, additional qualifications, languages, etc)
- Scientific interests (preference in neuroscience, name of preferred IGSN-member and project). You are urged to match your interests with the research fields of the participating investigators. Further information on the research interests of the faculty members can be obtained here.
- Thesis and research experience (if applicable) (not more than 1000 characters!) Please indicate the title of your Master's or Diploma thesis, the name of the supervisor and the period within which the project was completed. Briefly summarize the aims of the project, key results obtained and your contribution. If you have carried out research prior to your Diploma or Master's thesis, or since then, please describe this briefly in a separate paragraph.
- Experimental skills
Completion of application
After fully completing the IGSN-online application form you will receive acknowledgement of your application by email and will be asked to send additional documents to the IGSN office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Relevant documents are:
- Application form of the Ruhr University Bochum. You will find the form here.
- Bachelor and Master's or Diploma degree certificates and transcript of records (notarised translation in English), including grades and an explanation of the home university's grade system.
- Documents certifying your proficiency in English
- Letter of recommendation of one University Professor with whom you have engaged in research
- English language certificate (a Certificate of Proficiency in English, equivalent to IELTS Test Academic 6.5 or TOEFL IBT 75, is required. In case you do not have a language certificate contact the IGSN coordinator Ms Ursula Heiler (email@example.com) before applying)
Submission of applications to the CSC
Apart from this application, the candidates have to submit an online application to CSC. In this application to CSC, they should clearly state that they plan their doctoral studies at the Ruhr University Bochum. Application procedure and deadlines are described in General Information and on the RUB-CSC Website.