Special regulations also apply to all RUB visitors, available to all RUB members in PDF format (German). The regulations are as follows:
In the following cases you are not allowed to enter the Ruhr-Universität campus and buildings:
- During the time of self-isolation for COVID-19 or if you have tested positive for COVID-19.
- While in quarantine or after a closer contact (e.g. face-to-face, in your own household or at a party) with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- During the quarantine period after a stay abroad.
Other important regulations:
- In case of symptoms of a respiratory tract infection (including mild ones) and/or suffering from newly occurring odour or taste disorders, you must stay home. If necessary, arrange an alternative appointment by telephone or email.
- Don’t bring any accompanying person/s to your appointment (justified exceptions, e.g. for (severely) handicapped visitors, are possible and must be agreed on in advance).
- A face mask (mouth-nose cover) has to be worn inside all RUB facilities and outside on the RUB campus.
- Observe the instructions provided by instructors/supervisors/lecturers during lectures, seminars etc.
- Take the direct route to the place of your appointment resp. your facility.
- Travel alone in an elevator. if possible, better take the next elevator. If this is not possible, keep as far away as possible from other people in the elevator.
- Make sure to be on time and to keep a distance of at least 1.5 m (5 feet) to other people.
- Avoid shaking hands and other greeting rituals involving physical contact.
- Leave the buildings and campus directly after your appointment.