Special regulations also apply to all RUB visitors, available to all RUB members in PDF format. The regulations are as follows:
In the following cases you are not allowed to enter the Ruhr-Universität campus and buildings:
- If you are/have been ill with COVID-19 yourself (until your quarantine has been lifted by the competent health authority).
- As contact of a person suffering from COVID-19 until the quarantine period ordered by the health authorities has expired.
- After returning from a trip abroad you are not allowed to enter the RUB campus and buildings during the quarantine period (see Coronaeinreiseverordnung NRW, i.e. entry regulations NRW).
Other important regulations:
- In case of symptoms of a respiratory tract infection (including mild ones) and/or suffering from newly occurring odour or taste disorders, you must stay home. If necessary, arrange an alternative appointment by telephone or email.
- Don’t bring any accompanying person/s to your appointment (justified exceptions, e.g. for (severely) handicapped visitors, are possible and must be agreed on in advance).
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask/cloth in all RUB passageways and communal facilities (e.g. toilets, lifts, tea kitchens, waiting areas...) in all RUB buildings.
- Observe the instructions provided by instructors/supervisors/lecturers during lectures, seminars etc.
- Take the direct route to the place of your appointment resp. your facility.
- Don’t share the lift with others, if possible. Keep as far away as possible from other people in the lift, cover your mouth and nose with a mask/cloth, and, if in doubt, take the next lift.
- Make sure to be on time and to keep a distance of at least 1.5 m (5 feet) to other people.
- Avoid shaking hands and other greeting rituals involving physical contact.
- Leave the buildings and campus directly after your appointment.