FAQ Infopoint/Reception

Frequently Asked Questions regarding formalities, contact points and services at RUB are answered here. Click on the question to read the answer.

Formalities + contact points

My student ID is defect/lost. What can I do?

If you have lost your ID on the campus, please contact the Registrar's Office, because this is where all found student IDs are handed in. If it isn't there, you will have to transfer 15.00 € for a replacement ID to the following account:

Ruhr-Universität Bochum
IBAN: DE47430500010001495860
Reference: your name and your student number (Matrikelnummer)

By presenting an account statement or a screenshot showing that the money has been debited, you can pick up your new student ID at the Registrar's Office. Please bring a passport photo and your ID card or passport.

Where do I pick up a copy of my educational progress/my study record and where can I have it certified?

We can print out a copy of your educational progress or the study record at Infopoint UV. Certifications are carried out only by the Registrar's Office, which can also provide the print-out.

How can I re-register for the new semester?

For the re-registration, please transfer the social insurance contribution to the bank account of the Ruhr-Universität Bochum within the fixed time. The required data can be retrieved via eCampus. The transfer deadlines are listed here.

To which bank account and until when must the social insurance contribution be transferred? Is the late fee of 10,00 € credited to the same bank account?

You find the personalized information of the transfer here. If you have to pay the late fee you’ll get the different Information at this point. We will gladly print the information for you at the Infopoint and Receptions. Please note that the social insurance contribution must be transferred by August 31 to the bank account of the Ruhr-Universität Bochum. Otherwise, the late fee falls due for payment.

How and where do I exmatriculate?

Prior to your exmatriculation, it is important that you have

  • completed all courses and compiled them in modules (including handing in your final thesis)
  • returned all books to the library and paid any fees, if necessary
  • printed out the Transcript of Records.
Then, you can present your student ID at the Registrar's Office and apply for exmatriculation. Detailed information is available here.

Where can I apply for a staff ID?

You will receive the application for a staff ID (staff RUBCard) on employment. In addition, the online application is available here. Once your ID is completed, you will receive an email and will be able to pick it up at Infopoint UV.

I have lost something. Where can I inquire if it has been found? Where do I find the lost-property office?

The lost-property office is at Infopoint UV. You can also inquire by phone under the number 0234 32-23456 or by email at wiederfinden@rub.de.

Technical questions

I've forgotten my PIN. What can I do?

You can reset your PIN by entering your PUK code using the RUBCard program. You will find the code on the information sheet about your personal information, which you received on your enrolment (it is on the same page as your PIN code). If you cannot find it, please contact the registrar’s office to get a new PIN and PUK code. RUB employees please contact Mrs. Anke Schäfer. Contact information can be found here.

Where can I access and use FlexNow?

You find the FlexNow workplaces here:

  • Faculty for economics (GC 3/33)
  • Faculty for civil engineers (IC 03-137, IC 04-137)
  • Faculty mechanical engineering (IC 03/150)
  • Faculty for electrical engineering and information technology (ID 03/133)
  • University library (Only the computers located in the stairwell, do not use the card readers of the keyboard!)
Where do I find the software / program „eCampus“ (replaces RUBICon)?

You can download the software / program on the RUB website. The download link is here.

Where can I buy a copy card resp. top up my credit?

The printing centre's Copycenter is located in the SSC building on level 01.

Where can I buy a chip card reader?

Chip card readers are available at Infopoint UV. They are sold at 20.00 € each (debit cards accepted) and have a warranty of two years if you keep the receipt.


What do I need to use public transport?

You need the NRW-ticket as a printout. You can print your ticket via eCampus, which you access, with your PIN-Code or via „ticket2printRUB“ on the internet. There, you need your Login ID and your password of your RUB-mail account. The NRW-ticket is only valid in combination with a photo ID (identity card, driving licence). There is also an overprint on the student’s ID which allows you to travel within the VRR transport authority. This is valid only in combination with the NRW ticket.

How do I apply for a key for a bike shed?

The application for bike sheds as well as price lists are available here. You can hand in the completed application at Infopoint UV. Once the transponder is completed, you will receive an email and will be able to pick it up at Infopoint UV.