Individual Learning Scenarios (ILS)
The Zentrum für Fremdsprachenausbildung is currently engaged in the development of Individual Learning Scenarios (ILS). These are on offer to those who have very specific learning requirements, for example to RUB staff or students on graduate programmes. In such cases, individual learning requirements can be very different and specific, tailor-made solutions are necessary.
An ILS gives the learner the possibility to form their own programme by combining available elements such as:
- Language courses at the ZFA or other institutes
- Private lessons
- Learning material
- Face-to-face tandems, eTandems
- Kick-off meetings, learning counselling, selection counselling
- Language tests.
After which, students can:
- Register for ILS
- Complete a “learner’s contract”, thus giving the ILS a tangible base and air of commitment
- Take advantage of further ILS consultation sessions, which can be arranged on request (for example on the best kind of learning counseling or how to make use of further selection meetings)
The ILS is a flexible tool, which has many variations. When needed, it can combine all possible learning elements (courses, tandems etc.), although this is by no means a must. Where required, credit points can also be awarded in accordance the volume of work agreed and completed. A detailed overview of the work completed can be recorded and presented in portfolio form.