Statistical DIGE Analyzer (SDA)
Introduction & Features
The mpc Statistical DIGE Analyzer is a Java-application for the statistical analysis of data from 2-Dimensional Difference Gel Electrophoresis (DIGE). It was developed by Dr. Klaus Jung at the Medizinisches Proteom-Center (Prof. Dr. Helmut E. Meyer) of the Ruhr-Universität Bochum. The software comprises the following features:
- Simultaneous differential analyses of thousands of protein spots: t-tests, fold change (plus respective confidence intervals), p-value adjustements (Bonferroni, Benjamini-Hochberg).
- Power analysis for sample size calculations.
- Principal component analysis for comparing between gel variation.
- Analysis of 'Minimal' and 'Saturation' designed studies.
- Calibration of raw spot intensities (Quantile Normalization).
System & Hardware Requirements
This application works on each Java capable computer. The latest Java-version can be downloaded from http://www.java.com/en/.
Download & Installation
In order to use this application download the .rar-file below and unpack it to the desired directory of your computer. The .rar-file can be unpacked by using WinRAR. Start the application by opening the SDA.jar-file in the main folder.
SDA - 1.0 - Beta
User Guide SDA-1.0
Maike Ahrens (E-Mail: maike.ahrens:at:rub.de)
Michael Kohl (E-Mail: michael.kohl:at:rub.de)