The first step to apply for the Molecular Sciences and Simulation program is to complete the online application form. If the admission committee then decides that you have fulfilled the essential requirements, you will be requested to submit a complete application including the documents listed below to Ruhr-Universität Bochum. Please note that complete applications must be sent by post/airmail. Applications submitted by e-mail or fax, as well as incomplete applications will not be processed.
When your application has been received by us, you will be informed by e-mail. As soon as the admission committee has finally decided on your admission, you will again be immediately notified by e-mail. Please understand that in the event you are rejected, we cannot return your application documents, as we do not charge any application fees. In addition, detailed reasons will be not given in the event of a rejection.
Your application should include:
- Application form
- 2 passport photos
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certified* copy of high school certificate or equivalent school leaving certificate
- Certified* copy of qualifying academic degree
- Certified* copy of subjects and grades
- Optional: a personal statement describing your motivation to apply for the program
- Proof of English language skills:
- Native English speaker TOEFL: minimum score 600 points paper-based, 250 computer-based or 100 internet-based; the TOEFL score must be sent to us directly from ETS; Institution Code: 7657
- IELTS: minimum score 6.0; the IELTS score must be sent to us directly from ETS.
- Confirmation from your university that you have completed your first degree program in English (ALL lectures and examinations must have been held in English)
- Students from China: the original APS document (no copy) Any further information that might be relevant for your application
- Any further information that might be relevant for your application
*A certified copy is a copy of a document that has been affirmed to be a true copy by an authorized person or authority (university, Embassy, Consulate, sworn interpreter etc.).