In addition to the application form the following material should be supplied:
1. An abstract when visiting a conference
2. Meeting programme
3. The written support of the supervisor
4. Details as to whether a poster or oral presentation is planned
5. Confirmation by the host laboratory of the planned lab visit (when lab visit is intended)
6. Proof that the travel costs (flight, train etc) were the most economical possible (e.g. with an alternative offer)
Please note that accommodation costs for time spent in the meeting/lab destination which do not directly correspond to the scientific visit cannot be paid for by the IGSN.
Expenses for rental cars will not be reimbursed by the IGSN.
Please note the decisions of the IGSN Executive Board from 19.3.2003:
- Travel funds for IGSN students will not be granted for more than two trips per year (national/international).
- Applications from IGSN students who combine lab visits on location with visiting conferences/workshops will be favoured above those where a conference trip alone is planned
- Applications for travel should be directed to the secretary of the IGSN.
Please note that in addition to filling out a travel application from the IGSN, you must also fill out a travel application form (Dienstreiseantrag) from your laboratory (for insurance reasons).
Information about travel applications from the Ruhr University Bochum can be obtained from the secretaries of the respective supervisors.