In October 2009 the Center for Electrochemical Sciences (CES) of the Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany has been founded by Ruhr-Universität Bochum and Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung, Düsseldorf with an additional support by ThyssenKrupp Steel. CES is regarded as a Center of Excellence with the task to ensure international competitive research in all aspects of modern and future electrochemistry at a high standard. CES has been launched .
Within the center research projects among the members as well as with external partners are coordinated. A modern electrochemistry laboratory has been built up, which may be used by all members and associated partners. In addition, 3 junior research groups has been established, working on different electrochemical topics in order to ensure sustainable and broad research in electrochemistry.
To fulfill this mission the following activities take place:
- Coordination of research projects of members
- Establishing cooperations with external partners from industry as well as from other research institutions
- Promotion of young researchers by funding research activities of several junior research groups
- Set-up a modern electrochemistry laboratory for solving complex challenges as commisioned by research and industrial partners
- Training courses in electrochemistry at different levels