POI 12: Audimax

 

The Audimax was the last building of the RUB to be finished in 1978 and is the heart of the university campus. With 1800 seats, it is the place for special occasions on campus. Common lectures have never been held here; the Audimax is rather used for the academic years celebration, exhibitions, or concerts.

A highlight is the organ, which was specially made for the Audimax by the renowned organ builder Klais in Bonn and mounted in 1998. Transport and installation were not a piece of cake: The largest of the organ pipes is almost 11 m long and weighs 680 kg.

Listen

SchildPOI 12 (mp3, 5MB)

Next POI

SchildGo to POI 13

Links